Financial Administrator Job Opportunity
Debajehmujig Theatre Group is seeking a qualified and motivated individual for the position of Finance Administrator to provide planning, organization, and direction for the Corporation as it relates to financial management.
Under the direct supervision of the General Manager, the Financial Administrator is responsible to administer financial services for Debajehmujig Theatre Group consistent with general accepted accounting principles.
1. Support Debajehmujig Theatre Group to achieve its mission through timely and consistent progress;
2. Maintain official records and documents, reporting in compliance with Federal, Provincial, Local regulations;
3. Maintain an effective file management system;
4. Ensure timely and accurate completion of financial reports and records;
5. Keep the General Manager informed of financial condition, and track surplus and deficit components of the operation, and factors contributing to either surplus or deficit;
6. Build and maintain effective relationship with staff, funders, community, and auditor;
7. Assist with application proposals accordingly;
8. Provide leadership to carry out plans and policies as authorized by Debajehmujig;
9. Develop and maintain appropriate accounting procedures and records;
10. Maintain sound accounting practices;
11. Review monthly general ledger listings with departments to verify accuracy of recorded financial transactions, and prepare journal entries as required;
12. Prepare for an annual audit, and participate in the audit requirements;
13. Verify all monies received are deposited;
14. Oversee the flow of cash and other financial instruments;
15. Review expenditure reports to determine status of expenditures and amounts of outstanding balances.
1. Certificate in accounting, or degree in Business Administration;
2. Three years’ experience in budgeting accounting, payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable;
3. Excellent communication skills, both oral and written;
4. Excellent team player, always willing to help out and multi-task;
5. Valid Drivers license and access to a reliable vehicle;
Debajehmujig Theatre Group
8 Debajehmujig Lane
Wikwemikong, Ontario P0P 2J0
ATTN.: FINANCE ADMINISTRATOR
Please submit a cover letter, resume, letter from three current related reference, and photocopies of our diploma(s), certificate(s) in your application. Incomplete packages and late submissions will not be reviewed.
Salary: To be determined on qualifications
We thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. There will be no return of submissions. The successful candidate will be required to submit a current Criminal Reference Certificate.
For more information, and/or job description, please contact Lynda Trudeau, General Manager at 705-859-2317
Deadline: November 16, 2018 at 3:00 pm